To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Switched from Dropbox sync to Account sync

Options
earlscroft
earlscroft
Community Member

I've used 1p for years with dropbox sync across multiple devices. Keeping them all synced has been difficult recently so I've switched to a 1password account on 3 of the devices.

I know appear to have duplicated all the items in 1password and see that my paid family licences and upgrade over the years is being switched to a Subscription. What's happened?

What's the difference between a family account and a 'Family licensed version of 1Password?

Can I de-duplicate.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.2 (652002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.16
Sync Type: formerly dropbox

Comments

• Hi @earlscroft! I'm sorry for the trouble. Let's check something. Open 1Password on your Mac and click the vault menu. If the Primary vault is still there, click it. If it has all your items, that's why things are duplicated — you have two vaults with the same items. We recommend removing the old vault after moving to an account. You can do this by choosing 1Password -> Delete Vault from the menu bar.

If that's not the case, to get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

What's the difference between a family account and a 'Family licensed version of 1Password?

A family account is included with a 1Password Families subscription and gets you all the 1Password apps, automatic sync, backups, sharing with your family members, access from any device on 1Password.com, and more. All the features shown on our 1Password Families website are what you get with the subscription. :)

• earlscroft
    earlscroft
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob,

Ref: Vaults
    On one of the machines that I switched to using a vault, I have Personal and Shared. Personal has 2766 items in it, twice the number I should have.

Ref: Subscription versus Licensed.
    I swapped over ( to what I now know is a subscribed service) in order to avoid syncing my 1P account with Dropbox. I came across this article which suggested 1password account was the best way of syncing between devices.

Having looked at the features on the 1Passsword families page I don't think I'm going to benefit from those features. Is it possible to have the 1password account sync without the other features. My main priority is always having synchronised devices.

Ref: Diagnostics
    As a Gmail user I don't use the Mail client for Mac which seems to break the 1Password troubleshooting utility. Is there any other way of sending you the diagnostics report by another method from the two desktop devices?

Many thanks

Mark

• Jacob
    edited December 2016
    Options

@earlscroft Thanks for the update and background on what's happening. A 1Password account is the best way to sync with your devices because of the benefits you mentioned. I'm curious why you would want to use it but not use the benefits? Automatic backup on the server, restoring old version of items when you need to, simple setup by signing in to your account on a new device using your account code, and access to everything on 1Password.com in a browser are all useful in their own way. :)

As a Gmail user I don't use the Mail client for Mac which seems to break the 1Password troubleshooting utility. Is there any other way of sending you the diagnostics report by another method from the two desktop devices?

Sorry about that. You can get the file itself and then drag that to a Gmail message to attach it. To get the report, open Finder and choose Go -> Go to Folder, then paste the following:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Diagnostics

Send the ZIP version of your report to us and include a link to this thread in your email. Post back here with the confirmation number we send you and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

ref: OPT-4

• earlscroft
    earlscroft
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob,

Happy to subscribe to get benefits of a clean sync. Recent separation makes family benefits less attractive.

Submitted email with zip files from troubleshooting utility. Not yet received confirmation number.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

• @earlscroft Did you send them to support+forum@agilebits.com? I don't see a message from your email address in there, so I'm going to privately message you here to get the email address you used to get in touch and find it that way. :)

• earlscroft
    earlscroft
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Jacob,

Sorry, the send email address wont be associated with this thread. It would have been sent from [email removed by staff].

to: support+forum@agilebits.com
    date: 15 December 2016 at 09:57
    subject: @earlscroft Diagnostics - 344620 - Switched from Dropbox sync to Account sync

Thanks

Mark

• @earlscroft Thanks! I meant for you to privately message that email since this is a public thread. I've removed it for your post after finding your message though. I'll be replying to your email soon and we can keep the conversation going there for now. :)

ref: FCS-84337-734

This discussion has been closed.