To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Browser Sign In "Too Many Requests"

Options
my_support_account
my_support_account
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Memberships

Good morning!

When I got to work and tried to sign in to my work-related 1Password account I got a 429 "Too many requests" response on the first attempt. Could this be related to my co-working space putting many users on a single IP address, or is it a sign that someone has tried to crack my account? The only device with an app associated with this account is my iPhone and I have not used the app all weekend.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.06
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @my_support_account

This is probably related to an old 1Password windows client bug that caused the client to send too many requests to the server at once. The result is that your company IP would get throttled, which unfortunately affects all users in the company. Best thing to do would be to try to get everyone to update to the lastest version of 1Password (especially windows users), then contact support to get unblocked if you're still blocked. These things do typically expire on their own, but feel free to contact us about it.

Steven

• my_support_account
    Options

Thanks for the information! Good it know it's probably an IP block and not evidence of something malicious.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's right. A continuous malicious attack would just result in getting their own IPs blocked.

This discussion has been closed.