To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't figure out how to create Folders in the Browser version of 1 Password

Options
Juxtapoz
Juxtapoz
Community Member

I'm just starting and new to 1Password. I have the app on my ipad and iphone so far, but also logged in through my Chrome Browser. I do not see in any of the versions, how to create Folders. I have not yet saved any Passwords. I wanted to set up my organizing structure first. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Juxtapoz
    Juxtapoz
    Community Member
    Options

I've seen an additional problem. In the iPad version, when I'm on the Organize Tab and hit Edit, there is no option that shows up to add NEW FOLDER. It shows nothing.

• Hi @Juxtapoz! Welcome to 1Password. :) I'm sorry for the confusion about folders. With a 1Password account, you can organize your items using tags. We have a nice section to help you use those on your iPad in our Get to know 1Password for iOS article. To add a tag on 1Password.com, select an item, click Edit, and enter your tag in the tags field:

Separate tags by commas. Hope that helps!

• Juxtapoz
    Juxtapoz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the help, Jacob. How do I get access to Folders? Do I need a different type of account? Is there any reason I shouldn't use Vaults to act as Folders? Also, can you move entries between Vaults or Folders once they are created?

• @Juxtapoz No problem! Folders were included in older version of 1Password, without accounts. You can totally use vaults as folders, with tags inside them. :) When you use All Vaults, you can see everything at once too. You can move items between vaults whenever you'd like.

• Juxtapoz
    Juxtapoz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Jacob. I got it working and everything makes sense so far. Thanks again.

• Glad to hear it! :) We're here if you have some other questions.

This discussion has been closed.