Not synking 1password android

spandonaro
spandonaro
Community Member

I've 1PW ios on my Iphone; I synk with dropbox and I see my vault with the PC by an 1passsword account.
Now I've installed Ipassword on a Huawei android telephone, and I like to sink to the same vault.
Apparently it finds the vault on dropbox but I get the msg: nothing to sink...
I've also tryed connecting to the 1password account, but I don't see the dropox vault
How can I trasfer the information on the Iphone to the new android telephone?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:synking

Comments

• Hi @spandonaro. Thanks for contacting us.

By chance do you have more than one 1Password vault in Dropbox? Can you search Dropbox for any 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault folders. Do you see more than one?

Also, if you check your sync preferences on the PC and iPhone, does it match the sync settings on Android? Thanks!

• spandonaro
    spandonaro
    Community Member

Hi Peri, thanks a lot.
    In dropbox I see the 2 directory you mention ... attached the contents of both ...
    The sync preference contains the directory 1Password.agilekeychain

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spandonaro: Ah, thank you! The key is to use the same one on both devices. Which device has all of your data currently, the PC or iPhone? And if these are both using the same one already, just reinstall 1Password for Android, and choose the same vault there to sync your current data. Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• spandonaro
    spandonaro
    Community Member

Thanks a lot
    Finally, after reinstalling I can see the same vault on the iphone, andoid and PC.
    Please let me understand one more thing: accessing by iphone e the android I see two vaults: principal (empty) and personal (syncked); accessing by PC to my account I see again 2 vaults: 1PASSWORD and personal. May I cancel some vaults to have just 1 synked through dropbox?
    Thank in advance

• @spandonaro It sounds like you are also using a 1Password.com account on your devices. This is different from the vault you are syncing to in Dropbox. The Personal vault is from your 1Password.com account. Are you looking to copy your items from your 1Password.com account to your vault in Dropbox and then remove the 1Password account from your devices?

• spandonaro
    spandonaro
    Community Member

Yes thanks

• Okie doke! Follow these instructions to move your account data to your local (Dropbox) vault.

Then you can just sign out of the account from your devices. Let me know how that goes!

This discussion has been closed.