Limitations on Windows Beta

mkloeffer
mkloeffer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

is there a list of known limitations on the Windows Beta? E.g. I cannot create a new logon when using a Dropbox synced vault, or in the brwoser extension I cannot see the username which will be used to logon (not very handy when you have multiple gmail accounts...),...

Thanks in advance
Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Michael,

1Password 6 is a brand new app and it has certain limitations but we've added the core features our users expect in 1Password to it already.

E.g. I cannot create a new logon when using a Dropbox synced vault

At present the app is limited to read access for local vault such as those synced via Dropbox, yes. In a future version of 1Password 6 this will change.

or in the brwoser extension I cannot see the username which will be used to logon (not very handy when you have multiple gmail accounts...),...

That is not the case. When you call up the extension, the username used for a particular login will be displayed below the title of the item. Are you not seeing this?

Cheers,

Alex

• mkloeffer
    mkloeffer
    Community Member

Nope :-) E.g. when using Chrome to signin to a Google Account...

• Hi guys,

That's strange as it does it for me with local Dropbox vaults as well:

Can you guys open the main 1Password app, select the Logins on the left sidebar and tell me if any username shows up in the item list?

• Hi @dahanbn,

Were these items imported?

Can you edit one of the items and save it, does it update the subtitle for it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dahanbn: Ah. It sounds like this may be a holdover from when you originally imported. I can't offer a time frame, but we're working on ways to have 1Password 6 compensate for this better.

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @dahanbn,

Thanks, this is a bug with importing agilekeychain vaults and we'll get it fixed soon. It appears to be fine for OPVaults but not the older AGK ones.

ref: 795

• Faraquet
    Faraquet
    Community Member

Do you know when the fix will appear in the beta? Being unable to properly import my AGK is the one thing stopping me from migrating to 1Password 6.

• Hi @Faraquet,

I'm sorry but we haven't gotten to this just yet. I'll update this thread as soon as we have the fix.

This discussion has been closed.