reprise of post "A login requires not two, but three items to be entered"

I am having the exact same NSF Fastlane issue as described in this (closed) post:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/26449/a-login-requires-not-two-but-three-items-to-be-entered
(which is addressing this login page: https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/jsp/homepage/proposals.jsp )

however the "saved a new Login manually" link is broken, and my guess at what it means ("Save new Login") doesn't work for me, and the post is old and closed. When I look at the "web form details" there are a bunch of fields and values that puzzle me, like "ssn" which used to be used by Fastlane but not any more, etc. Has any had success with, or can offer suggestions for, the three fields of NSF Fastlane?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:fastlane

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @welchgregusa,

Thanks for writing in - sorry for the trouble with the Save New Login feature. Hopefully I'll be able to guide you get it working. The link in the older post you mentioned does appear to have broken, however the "Save New Login" feature should work - I have tried using it myself on the NSF Fastlane website and I was able to use 1Password to save and then fill in the details for Last Name, NSF ID and Password. The updated link to guide is here: Save New Login.

You mentioned that you had a look at the "Web Form Details" - I'm glad you took an interest in the details here. The details displayed here include the names of each field on the web form that we have captured when saving a new Login and the corresponding value stored there. The name of each field comes directly from the name associated with the field as defined by the web page code itself rather than the labels of the fields that you visually see next to the fields on the web page. So for example, the "ssn" field you mentioned is actually referring to the web form field which is to the right of the "NSF ID" label. You mentioned that it wasn't used anymore - it sounds like the label was updated from "SSN" to "NSF ID" but the underlying code still uses the old name. I hope that makes sense :-)

In any case, I hope you can give those "Save New Login" steps a try from the link above. Let me know how it goes for you.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• welchgregusa
    welchgregusa
    Community Member

Fantastic. That worked for me—thank you. It's the "Do not press Enter or click Sign In" that got it. Funny re. SSN—that's what I suspected. I remember when NSF used to use your SSN (or last four digits) as an ID, then they switched (thankfully) to an NSF-specific ID. Yay—thanks Matthew!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Cheers, @welchgregusa! Glad @matthewoflynn was able to get things working for you again. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.