iOS app Crashes when loading Vault for first time

budnitz
budnitz
Community Member

I'm unable to load my dropbox vaults on a fresh install of 1P on my iPhone 6S. Using iOS 10.2 and 1Password 6.5, both of which I just downloaded.

Some specifics:

1. I have two vaults in a single Drobox folder. The folder is named "1P".
  2. In the 1P iOS app, I go through the setup process to connect my 1P vaults via dropbox.
  3. I choose my personal dropbox account which contains the vaults (I have a business one as well).
  4. Next, I get to a screen that says "Searching for Dropbox accounts". After about 5 second, the app crashes. This happens over and over — I've done fresh installs of 1P and Dropbox, which doesn't help. I've even tried moving my 1P vaults in a fresh folder in my personal dropbox, also to no avail. I've tried renaming the folder, and I've tried loading just one or the other of my vaults in the folder too — still no luck.

Oddly, if I move my 1P folder with the vaults in it to my other Business dropbox folder, 1P on iOS works perfectly and the vault loads right up with no problems.

So there must be something going on with my personal dropbox folder — maybe a hidden file somewhere?

Please help!

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• budnitz
    budnitz
    Community Member

More information:

Just did the same install on my wife's iphone, and everything works perfectly — but 1P still crashes on my phone.

They are basically identical phones except she has different versions of 1Password and Dropbox.

My phone:
    iPhone 6S
    1Password 6.5
    Dropbox 28.2.2
    iOS 10.2

Wife's Phone
    iPhone 6S
    1Password 6.4.5
    iOS 10 26.2.2
    iOS 10.2

Is this the problem?

• Good morning @budnitz. I'm sorry for the crash you're running into here. If you uninstall the Dropbox app from your phone do you still get the same crash?

• budnitz
    budnitz
    Community Member

Hello. Yes, I still get the same crash if I uninstall and reinstall dropbox.

• Hi @budnitz. Thanks for letting me know. It would be helpful if I could get a crash log directly from your device:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support@agilebits.com and mention my name in the subject.

If you don't have access to a Mac you can do it directly on the device:
    1) Open Settings app
    2) Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3) Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4) Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5) Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6) Send the email to support@agilebits.com and mention my name in the subject.

Thanks!

• budnitz
    budnitz
    Community Member

Hello @MrRooni. OK, will send this in shortly.

As a side note, I managed to temporarily get around the bug by syncing my wife's dropbox account with 1P instead of my own. The 1P file is in a shared folder so that she and I can share the vault.

It's temporarily working now, but it's a kind of clunky workaround.

Paul

• Hiya Paul. I see your email and will continue the conversation there. Thanks!

• marianoaran
    marianoaran
    Community Member

Hello MrRooni, I have exaclty the same problem. I will also email you my crash reports. Thanks for your help.

• Okay, thanks @marianoaran!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.