To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to restore 1Password communication with internet

Options
jfcochranii
jfcochranii
Community Member

After installing malware software (esecure) 1 Password on my computer can no longer communicate with the internet (provide login info, id info, etc). To enter my 1Password info on these saved logins I have to cut and paste. I've gone in and shut down as much as I can on "esecure". I plan to uninstall it, but it appears in my ignorance that the "damage has already been done". 1Password is SUCH an important tool that its hard to work in this "cripled" state. THANKS!! -- John C

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: icloud?
Referrer: forum-search:malware (esecure) removed 1Password sharing

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jfcochranii,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

If you plan to uninstall the software that caused the problem anyway, that would be my recommend course of action. Once you completely uninstall it, 1Password should work very well. If, for some reason, you require the software (on a work machine, for example), or otherwise decide to keep using it, you may be able to configure it to stop blocking 1Password by following the steps here:

How to configure your firewall, proxy, or other network software for 1Password

Let me know how it goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.