Downgrade or Revert from Families; Local Vaults?

bcddcdb
bcddcdb
Community Member

I am a longtime 1Password user, and I am considering migrating to Families. I have two questions:

1. If I do not like Families, can I revert/downgrade to the traditional app without losing data or functionality? I currently have several vaults, syncing a variety of ways (iCloud, Dropbox) and shared with various users.

2. With a Families account, is it possible to have an additional “local” vault that syncs through a cloud service like the traditional app?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bcddcdb,

Thanks for your interest in 1Password Families.

If I do not like Families, can I revert/downgrade to the traditional app without losing data or functionality? I currently have several vaults, syncing a variety of ways (iCloud, Dropbox) and shared with various users.

You can absolutely switch back. In fact, you can create a 1Password account and test it without modifying your local vaults in any way. So if you want to switch back, just sign out of your 1Password account. :+1:

With a Families account, is it possible to have an additional “local” vault that syncs through a cloud service like the traditional app?

Yep. If you already have local vaults, they will keep chugging along as always. If you start on a new Mac and sign in to your 1Password account on the welcome screens, you'll just need to enable a preference to allow local vaults. Choose 1Password menu > Preferences, click the Advanced icon, and enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts".

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. If I don't hear from you sooner, happy holidays! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.