Monthly subscription in UK via App Store

I have just subscribed to monthly subscription in the UK @ £3.49, why is it so much more than USA @ $2.99

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member

Hi @dave_j_bartlett,

Thanks for subscribing to 1Password! The pricing in the App Store is set by Apple based on certain tiers. For example, if a developer sets the price of their app in US dollars, they don't have any control over how much Apple charges in other regions with different currencies. They only get to set the price in their home region. Perhaps this is to stabilize the prices against currency fluctuations, so you aren't paying one price one month and a different price the next month.

If you want to cancel your subscription through the App Store, you can subscribe directly on 1Password.com where you'll be charged directly in US dollars. According to the price you quoted above, it sounds like that would be a better deal based on current exchange rates. But the choice is yours. :)

Hope that helps.

• I noticed that one of your staff said I wouldnt get taxed but I am in the uk and sure enough I was taxed an extra 3 or 4 pounds!

• DanielPDanielP

Team Member

Hey @jr866gooner

Sorry about that! Is the extra charge coming straight from your Apple subscription? Or is is perhaps coming from your bank?

• Ah this was a purchase made for a 1password.com account and not via the app store, sorry!

• JacobJacob

Team Member

Ah, perfect. That sounds like it worked as expected then.

This discussion has been closed.