1Password non-subscription payment

alitasso
alitasso
Community Member

I paid $69.05 to purchase 1Password from the App Store. I thought that this method of purchase was a "one and done". But today I received notice that my account is frozen and I need to "subscribe" to reactivate it. What gives?

If the $2.99/month fee is all it takes to "subscribe" to 1Password, then what did I pay $69.05 for?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alitasso: If you purchased a license, it never expires and you can use it for as long as you wish. But a license purchase does not apply to a 1Password.com Account you sign up for separately. Rather than trying to discuss personal purchase information in a public forum, the best thing to do would be to shoot us an email at support@1password.com with a copy of your receipt and we'll help you get things sorted out. Thanks in advance! :)

• alitasso
    alitasso
    Community Member

Okay -- I will send the email to the support address. Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alitasso: Great! Be sure to post the Support ID you receive here so I can find it and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :)

• alitasso
    alitasso
    Community Member

ASQ-79917-424

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alitasso: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. I'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ASQ-79917-424

• alitasso
    alitasso
    Community Member

Hi, I sent a reply on Dec 25 and again on the 27th and then again today, but no one seems to be responding. I would like to know: how can I continue to use 1Password on my Mac only, without paying the $2.99/month subscription fee? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alitasso: Thanks for letting me know. I'm really sorry for the delay. We try to reply to messages on a first-come-first-served basis, but when you send multiple messages it's a bit confusing as it appears that yours is newer.

If you'd like to use the standalone 1Password app without a subscription, simply enable local vaults in 1Password Preferences > Advanced, move your data to the Primary vault, and sign out in 1Password Preferences > Accounts. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.