To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Searching Account Key

Options
lurchen
lurchen
Community Member

Hey AgileBits, I really need help finding my Account Key. I have a Pro-Account and using it on my iPhone and MacBook. I prepare a travel and need the possibility to login from other devices. By chance I realized that I am in need of the account key to login from other devices. I didnt save my account key nor printed the emergency kit. Please help me, what are my options? Greetings

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lost account key

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lurchen: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Account Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

But if you've legitimately lost access to your data, that isn't something we can reset or restore for you since we never have access to it in the first place. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

• lurchen
    lurchen
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Brenty, thanks for your answer, which isnt really helpful for me. I'm sorry, but I spent a few hours today to get to know how I can get access to MY account on another device than my iPhone or MacBook, where the app is already installed - sync and everything works.

I bought the 1Password app in the Apple Appstore in September 2015, registered with you, and have been managing my data since then. It is not that I have lost my data or generally have no access to it (luckily).

In a few days I will go on a vacation trip to a distant part of the world and I need access to my 1Password even if I would lose my Iphone wit the 1Password app. To prevent this situation I tried to login via webrowser on the 1Password page. The account key was required - regardless of whether I am a family / team / pro / whatever user. When I registered in September 2015, I was only pointed to my password, to remember exactly. Which I did. In June 2016 you released team accounts. Great, I thought, and asked my coworker to create a team account. Originally, I signed up in September 2015 to securely store all our business data and to have access to it at all times (eg business trips). My coworker then also created this team account (for this I have also the account key and all other data, the so-called emergency kit). With my already existing account, I joined the team account. So far so good. The team account is currently not used. Only "my" account, since I'm the one who enters the data. Now that I've tried several hours ago to get access to my account from a browser, I'm just pretty angry and panicky.

So now that I showed why your help is very much needed I would like to know how to proceed. If there is no option in recovering the Account key, is there a way to export all my data from my vault to a new account?

Greetings from Germany

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lurchen: Great! I was afraid you didn't have it. If you've got your data, then all you need to do is transfer it to your other device(s):

How to move your 1Password data

I find the easiest thing to do is to sync it between all of my devices so I don't have to think about where it is or make special arrangements for travel, but it's up to you.

But again, AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Account Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Account Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

Recover your Master Password

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Account Key and Master Password:

Recover accounts for family or team members

Or, if you've thrown out your account information and don't have anyone else who is able to help you recover it, you can always transfer the existing data you have access to to another vault by selecting and right-clicking to copy or move.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get along!

This discussion has been closed.