To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My old Primary vault no longer accessible when I moved from trial Std Plan to a paid Family plan

j1mandel
j1mandel
Community Member

I have used 1PW for many years as a standalone account with Dropbox. I recently installed a trial Standard Plan and had access to both the 1PW Personal vault and my old Primary and archive vaults. When I moved to a paid Family Plan the old Primary and archive vaults are no longer available to me. I need to sync some items for my wife.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:old primary vault is not accessible since I signed up for Family plan

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j1mandel: Local vaults (Primary or otherwise) predate the 1Password.com service and are in no way connected to it, so to access those you'll need to either copy their data to your account or sync it from another device. Where do you have this data you're trying to access?

• j1mandel
    j1mandel
    Community Member

Data is in Dropbox. Can I access both dropbox data and 1password.com data from the 1PW app and a browser?

• j1mandel
    j1mandel
    Community Member

I find the 1PW Families interface very confusing. And the 1PW app insists that my paid Families account is really an expired Standard Trial. What have I done?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Data is in Dropbox. Can I access both dropbox data and 1password.com data from the 1PW app and a browser?

@j1mandel: It is only possible to access data stored in a 1Password Account through 1Password.com, not local vaults sync'd with Dropbox.

I find the 1PW Families interface very confusing. And the 1PW app insists that my paid Families account is really an expired Standard Trial. What have I done?

I'm not sure. I don't see any recent purchases. If you bought the standalone 1Password app from the App Store, this does not apply to the subscription service. The best thing to do would be to send a copy of the receipt for whatever purchase you made to support@1password.com and we'll see what we can do to straighten you out. Thanks in advance!

• j1mandel
    j1mandel
    Community Member

Data is in Dropbox. Can I access both the Dropbox local store and the Password.com data?

• j1mandel
    j1mandel
    Community Member

Brenty
    My bad. I thought I had purchased a family account but find no evidence that the transaction completed. I will buy a subscription but the website only wants to sell me a Standard Account rather than the family account. What is best way to proceed?
    Joel

• j1mandel
    j1mandel
    Community Member

My bad. I was sure that my attempted purchase of Family Account completed but it clearly did not. However I am stuck in some sort Standard Account loop and the 1PW website won't let me renew anything but a Standard Account. What can you suggest?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@j1mandel,

Based on the email address you used to sign up for this forum — it's all I had to go on — you only have one 1Password account subscription, and it's your family account. It's showing as a frozen account, so all you should need to to is [re]activate your subscription to unfreeze your account and restore all functionality:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your account name in the top right and choose Billing.
    3. Click Subscribe beside the plan you prefer.

If you're not seeing the family plan, could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing and include it in your reply? I'm sure we can get it sorted out. :)

• j1mandel
    j1mandel
    Community Member

I am feeling pretty stupid here. I'm usually technically proficient, but I'm stumped at how to continue.

• j1mandel
    j1mandel
    Community Member

Brenty and Khad,
    Never mind. I see that I was confused by the wording of Standard. The pricing is correct for Families and I will subscribe on the first of the month. Unless you can suggest a way to subscribe for a partial month. I don't like to have recurring bills deduct from my account at the end of the month.
    Thank you for your patience!
    Sighhh
    joel

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You're absolutely correct. Sorry for the confusion, @j1mandel! :sweat:

The price you are seeing is the "standard" price for the family plan. We've had other promotional prices in the past, and may offer other plans in the future. But perhaps we can just call it the "family plan" for now to avoid confusion.

You can subscribed whenever it's convenient for you. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.