Cannot run installer on Windows 8

Options

Hello,

I purchased and downloaded the Windows version and tried to run the installer but nothing happens.

Any assistance would be appreciated,
Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @cmessley,

Thank you for reaching out and giving us a chance to help you!

First of all, please make sure that you have the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework installed. You can download the installer here. Please try to install 1Password 6 after that. Does it help?

If it doesn't, please get back to us and provide more information: describe your actions step by step and tell us what happens next. We will get to the bottom of this! :) Thanks in advance!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Cheers,
    Greg

• cmessley
    cmessley
    Community Member
    Options

Greg,

I installed the .NET framework and still cannot run the installer. Attempting to run the installer does nothing. I get no errors or any indication that anything is happening.

Thank you for your help,
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmessley: Are you certain you have the correct version? If your system is redirecting to an old one for some reason, that won't help. Please try downloading the offline installer for 4.6.2 here:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2016/08/02/announcing-net-framework-4-6-2/

If you're using something older 1Password will not install or run. If you're still having trouble, check the Event Viewer. That should tell you what's failing on your machine. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.