How can we design our Android app to have 1Password integration?

ccoffman
ccoffman
Community Member

We just added 1Password integration to our iOS app and would love to do the same for Android, but there is no information in GitHub or your support section about developing for Android. Is this not currently available?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:developer, kb:ios-extension-faq, kb:ios-extension-integration, kb:compatible-website-design, kb:ios-extension-integration

Comments

• saad
    edited September 2015

Thank you for your interest in a 1Password App Extension for Android.

The 1Password App Extension API on iOS is based on NSExtension, NSItemProvider and other APIs provided by Apple. We would like to provide a similar API for other platforms, but the technology we currently use is not available outside of Apple software. On Android, we may be able to provide a similar experience using Intents, but we will need to do more research on them on our end.

For the time being, 1Password on Android has the 1Password Keyboard which allows users to fill their credentials into external apps and browsers without any integration from third-party developers!

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• sillywab8
    sillywab8
    Community Member

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is any progress on the availability of 1Password extension (via Intents) for Android dev.

Thank you,

• We don't have anything to announce at this time, but this is something that we are looking at supporting in the future. Thank you for your interest. @ccoffman and @sillywab8 could you send me a private message with your contact info and some details about the apps that you develop? I would like to follow up with you when we do have something to announce :)

• brice
    brice
    Community Member

I'm also looking to integrate 1password into an Android app. We currently use it on iOS and it is a popular feature. @mverde if you could shoot me a private message I'd love to chat as well.

• Thanks @brice. I sent you a private message for follow up :)

• dallas
    dallas
    Community Member

Wanted to convey my interest as well. For SeatGeek: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seatgeek.android

• Thanks for your interest @dallas! I sent you a DM so I can get your contact info.

• laur
    laur
    Community Member

It'd be really great if you could get a solution going using the Credential API for hints. Then any user could use the hints and users with 1Password installed could have access to extra (relevant) hints.

• Thanks for the suggestion, @laur. I'll pass this along to the team! :)

• a_kiniyalocts
    a_kiniyalocts
    Community Member

The development team over at batterii are heavy 1Password users, our iOS developer just recently added 1Password support using your extension. Would love to add this option on Android!

• Thanks for your interest, @a_kiniyalocts. We don't have anything planned at the moment, but I'll let the developers know you'd love to add 1Password support to your app. If we do have something to announce, we'll make sure to reach out to you. :)

• mohit01
    mohit01
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks for sharing your interest, @mohit01! :)

• rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member

same here. would like to add support to FocusGTD (http://focusgtdapp.com)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your interest! Hopefully we'll have good news for you in the future. :)

• JimmyRobz
    JimmyRobz
    Community Member

Same here. If you need any help for this feature I can gladly contribute to it, just tell me :) Thank you for your amazing work!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sure we'll have more to share in the future, and as an app developer you'll also have access to Google's documentation for their new filling APIs as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.