To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I don't understand what has changed with 1password. I need help.

Salamander
Salamander
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Memberships

I have been using 1password for years and it was sycned on my mac laptop and iphone. I also have it on my ipad but it never was synced with the others. I just updated icloud on my laptop and I seem to have created chaos. Each device asks that I approve it on another device but I can't seem to do that. It's an endless circle. I don't have a clue what my "Account Key" is. I have been trying to figure this out all day. I don't mind going to a pro account by I don't want to lose all my passwords from the one I've been using all these years. What is going on? I need all three devices to sync.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Salamander
    Salamander
    Community Member

1password - Version 6.5.3

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Salamander,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

It's not conclusive proof, but I just searched our system to see if you had a 1Password account subscription and didn't find one. I only had the email address you used to sign up for this forum to go on, so it's possible that you sign up for a 1Password account subscription under a different email address. However, what's most likely is that you've been using 1Password without an account subscription. Learn more about the difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license.

If you want to migrate to a 1Password account subscription, you can move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account.

If you'd rather not start a subscription, you should be able to sync your data using iCloud or Dropbox. In that case, you won't have an Account Key. An Account Key is not used when syncing with iCloud or Dropbox. It's only if you are paying for a 1Password account subscription.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any other questions. We are always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.