6.1.308 Chrome Windows 10

Options
CarlT
CarlT
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows
  • Does not show a list of logins when I click on the 1Password icon.
  • Firefox works as expected
  • I tried to attach a diagnostics report. This page refused it. 6.1.308 Diagnostics Report
    ** Attached is a screen clipping of the results of clicking on the 1Password icon while on this page.

• 1password 4 is NOT installed

• 1Password6 has been uninstalled and reinstalled.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 1.308
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1511
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• CarlT
    CarlT
    Community Member
    Options

Now at version 6.2.333d. Same issue continues

• @CarlT by default when you invoke 1Password mini it shows only logins that match currently opened page. If you want to see full list of logins or to find identity or credit card to fill - just start typing in the search box and it will show matching items. We are working to improve that interface and make it easier to use, but we are not there yet.

Alternatively you can press Ctrl+Alt+\ and it will invoke 1Password without looking at current web page address, so you will see all items. Hope that helps :)

• CarlT
    CarlT
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I just switched from Windows version 4 to 1Password Family. V4 allowed me to click on mini | Click folder "F" | Click FEDEX and the site just opened and logged in. I got used to using mini to move from site to site. First impression, I would like to see that come back; but, I will adjust to the new way and see how that works.

• Hi @CarlT,

On behalf of Sergey, you're welcome.

To clarify, it is not going to be like this forever. 1Password 6 is a new codebase, a lot of features aren't implemented yet. The near term goal is to get the default view in 1Password mini implemented, so that it shows the matched items on top while the list of categories, password generator, tags would show up below it. When this is done, you can click on tags, find 'F' and see your Fedex item.

• cataclysmicvoid
    cataclysmicvoid
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Just wanted to add on to this bug report rather than clutter the forum with iterations of the same/similar thing.

When unlocking the Chrome browser extension (CTRL+) to log into a website for the first time during a browsing session, the 1Password mini box shows in the middle of the window, as opposed to just below the 1Password extension icon as usual.

More importantly, it does not provide any log in suggestions for the page I am on. Instead, it provides the typical "no suitable items found" message. In order to log into that site, I need to use the keyboard shortcut again to reopen the extension and then it behaves normally with login suggestions/autofill based on the URL I'm visiting. Visits to subsequent websites work properly after unlocking the 1Password extension for the first time.

1Password 6.2.333d on Windows 10 Pro 1607
    1Password Chrome extension 4.6.2.90
    Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m
    Dropbox Sync

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cataclysmicvoid: Unless you're using the actual 1Password browser extension button to open it, 1Password mini will open at your mouse cursor for easy accessibility. It's certainly something we can consider changing in the future, but I'm not sure I see a benefit to not having the window open within reach of the mouse.

Regarding login matching, if the URL you're visiting does not exist in your 1Password vault(s), you won't be offered any logins there. You can, however, add multiple URLs to an item so it reflects the places you'd like to use it. If you're still having trouble, an example would help. Thanks in advance!

• Hi @cataclysmicvoid,

It is a known issue that 1Password doesn't refresh the list to show the matching Login items after you do an initial unlock. This will be fixed in a future update. For now, keep doing what you're doing, dismiss 1Password mini and re-open it to refresh the list.

This discussion has been closed.