To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Clueless and confussed

Nur
Nur
Community Member

Hello, I need a new computer and cell phone. I already replaced spouse's phone. -- updating, checking, confirming, liscence, account, ... I am spinning. Please isn't there someone I can call to talk me through this? I cannot figure anything out. I feel like I am 90 and the world passed me by but I am in my 50's and have been using 1Password for a few years although nothing syncs thoroughly and now I am at a wall.

Help me before I throw the computer and phone against a wall. I am going to Apple Store today as phone and computer are ancient and melting. Can't we talk? Thank you.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nur,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

Getting your 1Password data onto a new computer or phone is pretty straightforward. We have an article that explains everything in detail:

How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

It doesn't appear that you have a 1Password account subscription, so you can skip the first section ("Move your data with your 1Password account"). If you've already been syncing with iCloud or Dropbox, you can use either of those to get the data on your new device(s). If not, it's easy to set up. The article will walk you through it.

If you get stuck on any step, please let me know which step you're stuck on. If I know where you're running into trouble, I'll be able to offer more concrete advice. :)

• Nur
    Nur
    Community Member

Thank you. Part of the confusion that I finally picked up on is the verbiage. Lisence key and account key. Only to discover that they are not the same and that neither is pertinent.

Honestly, I will never again commit to anything computer related that doesn't have live support.

Thank you so much for your response.
    Nur

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, though I'm not sure I appreciate the implication that we are not alive. We're here if you need anything else. Beep boop. ;)

This discussion has been closed.