Unable to auto-fill specific bank page

Options

I am struggling with configuring 1Password with my bank webpage and all known mehtods failed (including manual form save).

If you could, please take a look at https://inteligo.pl/secure/igo2 - what is strange, even the login field which is the first step cannot be filled automatically. As far as I discovered field names have dynamically generated parts but it should be no problem for 1P. Any workaround will be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2 (16C67)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SirMike: Yep. That's it. They're doing something screwy with the form field certainly, which prevents 1Password from restoring the form, but I'm not able to get anything to fill there at all. I'll bring this up with the team to see if there's a solution.

• SirMike
    SirMike
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty

I tried to isolate the problem, but even after clearing out js events for this particular field 1Password cannot fill it with data. In the meantime I will also try to figure it out by some javascript coding.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

Greetings @SirMike,

That is an awkward one and I don't even know what is beyond the first page! The page that asks for the username though uses not just randomly generated HTML name and ID attributes but also has multiple text and password fields whose sole purpose seems to be to try and trip up password filling. I couldn't say for certain but it has a feel that suggests they don't like password managers.

I think we will be able to improve support for this page given they are using randomly generated name and ID attributes for the actual username field but it's hard to say about any second page as I'm unsure what it looks like. It may end up requiring two Login items. We'll see what we can learn.

ref: BRAIN-337

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi (again) @SirMike,

Let's see if there is something we can do right now to help, here is what I would like you to do please.

1. Manually create a Login item from inside the main 1Password window.
    2. Set the title to something like Inteligo (username) and set the website field to https://inteligo.pl/secure/igo2.
    3. Fill in your username but do not add a password.
    4. Save this new Login item and then edit it again straight away. It won't allow altering of the web form details until the item has been created hence the save then edit.
    5. Back in edit mode, click the show web form details button.
    6. You will see one field titled username and it will hold your username. Change the title from username to client_id_field.
    7. Save this change and see if you find this Login item works for you.

What we're doing here is using a new strategy that exists in 1Password but one that only gets used in very particular situations. These steps will see this strategy used and have it focus on the static part of the name and ID attribute labels that is constant.

Now this will help with the username page. I can't comment much for the moment on any password page as I can't reach it myself. It may be we can do something similar with the password page if we can learn what part of the labels remains constant. It may be the two can be combined into a single Login item or it may only work well if they're two separate Login items, one for each page. Let's see if you can replicate my findings on the first page and then we can look at whatever the second page has in store :smile:

• SirMike
    SirMike
    Community Member
    Options

For "pristine" new login item without password field it seems to be working fine on login page. When I add a password, it stops working.

Maybe it is related with 5 hidden inputs on the page with "decoy" class? Look at the attached screen

On the password page, the mechanism looks the same, "decoy" fields, normal password field and additional security image which is not related to 1Password (kind of anti phishing mechanism). I think, when we are able to fill the field without touching those decoy fields, it could work fine.

Maybe this would be helpful.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that detail, @SirMike. I think you're right that those decoy fields are tripping up 1Password. In testing out filling, I found that 1Password was putting the password in the field named password0 on the username page and the username in a field named __ie__bug__workaround__, which is clearly not something we should be doing. This will require some more investigation on our part before we can fix it. I've created an issue to track the problem. I'm sorry I can't offer anything more helpful just now. :(

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

ref: BRAIN-338

• SirMike
    SirMike
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys. For now I will just use separate login item "with login only" and second one with password. This combination is acceptable as a temp solution and is much better than copy-paste each time I want to log in.

I hope you can find a fix for that bastard ;) If you do, please send a note in this topic. Thanks a lot!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Will do!

This discussion has been closed.