To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

SSL error when adding 1Password.com account on a MAC

Options
Fix
Fix
Community Member

I get an "SSL error" (see attached image) when I try to add a 1Password.com account to my MAC. The same account works correctly on my iPhone, iPad, another MAC and a Windows PC. How can I resolve this?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

1P.tiff 29.2K

Comments

• Hi @Fix! Does your Mac have some antivirus software or a proxy running? These can interfere with the secure connection 1Password needs to the server so please try disabling them to see if that lets you sign in.

• goatknobbie
    goatknobbie
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing this error as well after having realized syncing of a few new login entries from my Mac was not working. I have disconnected and reinstalled the application without getting through this, and my support requests are going unanswered. Surely there must be some configuration file I can delete somewhere? I have no system changes, I do generally use the built-in firewall but this error occurs with the firewall disabled.

• Frank
    Options

Hi goatknobbie - Sorry for the delay and I was able to locate the email you sent over to us. I just replied back to you so let's continue the conversation over there. I look forward to hearing back from you :-)

ref: CLI-58753-216

This discussion has been closed.