Cannot update to AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop-6.2.333

When trying to update my Windows desktop version of 1Password 6 (Windows 10), I run the following file:

AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop-6.2.333

.. then select "Repair" .. then it comes back with "The specified account already exists" .. and stops there.

I use a 1Password account as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.1.304d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @astudios,

Thanks for writing in.

The error is not referring to the 1Password.com account but the Windows account the app is running under. It is saying 1Password is already installed.

If you're using 6.1.304d, that means you may have downloaded it from the Windows Store instead and its app-updater is trying to update from our website instead.

Please uninstall the current 1Password app with the Control Panel and then install 1Password from here, it will then work.

• astudios
    astudios
    Community Member

ok. that's helpful.

but the "problem" seems to be that the version i have installed (albeit from the windows store) keeps telling me that an update is available. and in order to stop the notifications, i try to install using the button provided in the OPTIONS/UPDATE section to 6.2.333 and it keeps failing.

i don't really need to update anything but it keeps notifying me unless i do..

maybe the question is, how do i stop the notifications? or why is it asking me to update a windows-store-app with a windows-desktop version?

thanks!

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @astudios,

Thanks for writing back.

but the "problem" seems to be that the version I have installed (albeit from the windows store) keeps telling me that an update is available. and in order to stop the notifications, i try to install using the button provided in the OPTIONS/UPDATE section to 6.2.333 and it keeps failing.

As I mentioned, you must uninstall that app as you cannot update that app at all. We've pulled 1Password from the Windows Store but it doesn't retroactively remove the app from customer's machine, which isn't a bad thing but we don't have a replacement to replace it with yet. This specific build was unintentionally released without our explicit permission but we don't have a choice but to pull it and ask current customers to replace it with the desktop version from our website.

Please do the following:

1. Ensure all of your changes in the current 1Password app is available on the 1Password.com web app and then uninstall the current 1Password app via the Settings > System > Apps & Features
    2. Install the latest 1Password 6.2.333 update from our website here.
    3. Sign in and you should be all set to go.
  • astudios
    astudios
    Community Member

Oh ok. I see.. I didn't realize that the Windows Store / Windows App version was being deprecated. In that case, no problem. It's uninstalled and I have now 1Password 6 installed.

Thanks again for the clarification.

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @astudios,

You're welcome. We are not deprecating the UWP (Universal Windows Platform) version of 1Password, we will have a new major update coming out soon. The problem was that the Windows Store wasn't supposed to replace the UWP version with an internal desktop build that we were testing for the desktop users, it shipped with UWP build for Windows Mobile users and desktop builds for desktop users.

The problem is that the desktop version has a different database schema version that it upgraded users to, so trying to replace it with the previous UWP build is not possible. We have to ship a new UWP build with the newer database version to read the data correctly. Unfortunately, we're in the middle of building the next UWP update and can't rush it through as it is a larger than normal update. So, we're left with the choice to pull the app for new customers only while the regular customers can reinstall the desktop version manually while the Windows Phone users can still use the UWP app.

This discussion has been closed.