To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I'm having trouble moving my standalone license to a personal account

claystine
claystine
Community Member

I have an old expired trial standalone license. I created a new personal account and added it to the 1password 6 app on my Mac. I was able to import all my data into the new vault.

Now I have the old (primary) vault, and a new (personal) vault. I want to be able to use and save to one vault only. Also, the master password upon log-in is my old one for the standalone license. I'd like to use the new account exclusively and delete the old license or standalone info completely.

Once I get up and running, I will be adding more devices (my iPhone and iPad), and want to be able to sync wirelessly with my Mac.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Yosemite 10.10.1
Sync Type: wireless
Referrer: forum-search:standalone license to account

Comments

• Hi @claystine - Thank you for reaching out to us. Congrats on the new 1Password.com account. If you migrated your existing data over to your new Personal vault. You can delete your Primary vault which would also resolve the master password issue. After deleting the Primary vault, you will use the master password you created when you signed up for the 1Password.com account. To delete your Primary Vault on your Mac - Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" then choose Primary > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down menu. You will have to enter your master password before the vault can be deleted. I hope this helped. Let us know if you have any further questions. Happy New Year :-)

• claystine
    claystine
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your quick and clear response.

One last question. When I had the two vaults, there was an option for WLAN sync from my Mac (which defaulted to the primary vault). Now that I have deleted the primary vault, there is no longer an option for sync. Am I still able to easily sync my devices with my mac?

• Hi @claystine - Great question! Since you will using the new 1Password.com account going forward we take care of all the syncing for you. It's one of the nice benefits of having a 1Password.com account ;-) You just have to make sure to add the account to your existing devices - https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data

Once you have signed in using your account login details, we take care of the rest. Any changes you make to the data within your Personal vault will sync over to your other devices. Let us know if you have any additional questions, we're happy to help.

• claystine
    claystine
    Community Member

Sounds easy! Thanks so much for your assistance!

• Anytime @claystine :-) Keep us posted if you run into any questions along the way. Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.