To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked out of my original 1Password account after trial of family account expired. What do I do?

dmmenard
dmmenard
Community Member

Have had a 1Password app on my iPhone and Mac for over a year. (paid for and downloaded from the Apple App store)
I tried the 1Password for family option. 1 month trial expired.
1Password no longer works on my Mac (program locks up)
I can still see passwords on my phone but the app no longer works (edits are disabled)
How do I fix this without loosing passwords and other saved information?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Family account expired, original 1Password app disabled.

Comments

• dmmenard
    dmmenard
    Community Member

On my iPhone I was able to switch to my "Primary" vault and am able to edit again.
    Is it safe to delete my "shared" account?

• Hi @dmmenard - Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, once your 30 day free trial is over your account will freeze until a credit card is added to the billing menu. If you wish to go back to just using your standalone license, first make sure all your data is safe within your Primary vault before deleting or removing anything. Once you confirm all your data is safe within your Primary vault, you can remove the account from your devices. I extended your trial for another 30 days to give you a little more time to work on this and decide what works best for you. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help out.

• dmmenard
    dmmenard
    Community Member

Thank you!

• Hi @dmmenard - You're very welcome! Keep me posted if you have any questions :-) Happy New Year.

This discussion has been closed.