To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Having problems with moving existing 1Password data to a 1Password Account

pablomoses
pablomoses
Community Member

Hi. Signed up for 1password account. Watched Video re transfer to data from existing 1Password Mac app to new 1Password account & followed step by step instructions:

Open and unlock 1Password.
From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences.
Click the Accounts icon, then click the + button.
Click Scan QR Code.
Drag the window over your account code to scan it.
Enter your Master Password and click Sign In.

The above steps go fine.

Click Move Items to transfer your 1Password data into your new account <-- Never see option to click "Move Items"

What I do see in 1Password --> Preferences --> All Vaults:
List of existing 1Password Mac App Vaults at the top followed by new 1Password Account name with 2 sub-vaults: personal and shared. When i log in via a browser, neither of new sub-vaults have any data saved.

Thank you your help.

Paul.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud for primary; Dropbox for secondary
Referrer: forum-search:transfer to account

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pablomoses,

Do you by chance have multiple vaults inside 1Password? We do not show the Move Items button in this scenario, so this would explain why you are not seeing this option.

You can still move your items to your new account manually however ;)

• pablomoses
    pablomoses
    Community Member

Hi. That was it. I have 3 vaults. Easy to move by selecting all items in each vault and moving the items together. Thank you. Paul.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure @pablomoses, I am glad this worked :)

If you need anything else, just shoot!

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Is there a way to create a new sub-vault (within my 1Password account) using the macOS or iOS app? I had to do it by signing in over the web. Which was OK, but I'm wondering if I missed something here...

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Mr. Laser Beam

Nope, you didn't miss anything :) Currently, if you use a 1Password.com account, you can only create new vaults from the Web interface.

Only local vaults (i.e. vaults that our stored outside a 1Password account) can be created directly from the (desktop) app.

This discussion has been closed.