I need to install 1P on my wife's new Mac using my license.

Options
petrolhead360
petrolhead360
Community Member

The iMac is running Sierra.
I have downloaded the program from the main site but is asking for accout key information plus her account which she doesn't have.
1Password has been running on her old iMac under my license and syncs to her iPad OK.
I think Dropbox is in the mix somewhere but I havent installed it yet.
I'm not sure what to do next as the install software asks for information I don't have

Grateful for any help,
James

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @petrolhead360,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up 1Password on your wife's new Mac.

It sounds like you chose the option to sign into a 1Password.com account, which is why it's asking you for information such as an account key. If your wife doesn't have an account on 1Password.com, you just need to go back and choose a different option from the first setup screen. If she syncs her 1Password data via Dropbox, select 'Dropbox' on that first screen (under "Used 1Password before?").

Keep in mind that if she syncs via Dropbox, she'll need to have installed & set up the Dropbox app on her Mac first, before setting up 1Password. Make sure all her files stored in Dropbox are downloaded to her new Mac, and then she can open 1Password again and choose the Dropbox option.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have questions about that. Cheers! :)

• petrolhead360
    petrolhead360
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew,

In the meantime I took a copy of her back file and downloaded a trial version of 1P. Restored from the backup and sent my license e-mail.
    All good now.

Cheers, James

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great, I'm glad you were able to get things set up correctly on her new Mac! (Although I'm sorry you went through some extra trouble to do that.)

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.