Moving from multi0user license to Families

GPM52
GPM52
Community Member

I currently have my family using a multi-user license and as a result we have multiple vaults - some one shared. We still have room to add two more family members and would be happy to do that since we like the product. It seems that it will now be easier to manage multiple vaults on Families since some of the features to create new vaults in the license is not as straightforward as it was. At any rate can you point me to a simple explanation for moving multiple users / vaults to Families - for the trial for now I suppose.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2 Safari plus others
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• GPM52
    GPM52
    Community Member

I currently have my family using a multi-user license and as a result we have multiple vaults - some one shared. We still have room to add two more family members and would be happy to do that since we like the product. It seems that it will now be easier to manage multiple vaults on Families since some of the features to create new vaults in the license is not as straightforward as it was. At any rate can you point me to a simple explanation for moving multiple users / vaults to Families - for the trial for now I suppose.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
    Extension Version: 4.6.2 Safari plus others
    OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Hi @GPM52! I'd be happy to help you get started with a family account. :) Here's what I would recommend:

1. Sign up your family.
    2. Invite your family members by signing in to 1Password.com, clicking your family name, and choosing Admin Console -> Family Members, then clicking the + button.
    3. Create vaults in the account to act as the ones you have right now. You can create as many as you'd like.
    4. Sign in to your account in the apps, preferably on your Mac, then move your existing data over to each matching vault in your account.
    5. Add an additional family organizer from your Admin Console just in case you lose your Account Key or Master Password.

There are a few specifics to it, so please let me know if you have any questions at all about those. The guides I linked to should cover things thoroughly, and I'm excited to hear what you think of 1Password Families. :)

• @GPM52 Just wanted to let you know I've merged your two posts so we have one place to discuss things.

This discussion has been closed.