Mac to Families.. Couple questions / issues

virtualbartek
virtualbartek
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Families

Hi,

I've moved from 1PMac to families and would like some assistance with a couple things. I'm working off an iPad and 2 Android phones at the moment as my mac HD is being replaced at the moment.

1. 1P account sync: I really want to get away from Drop Box but GDrive still isn't an option. From what I understand, I can use 1P account for this? That isn't an option in the settings.
  2. Vaults: I really don't need more than one vault but since starting up Families, I know have about 3 versions of each stored entry despite having deleted local copies. How do I know what is safe to delete? I see a Primary, Personal, and Shared vault. Is Primary and Personal the same vault?
  3. Is there a way to fill passwords in iOS?

Thanks!
Bart

Comments

• Hi @virtualbartek! Thanks for asking. I'd be happy to answer your questions...

1P account sync: I really want to get away from Drop Box but GDrive still isn't an option. From what I understand, I can use 1P account for this? That isn't an option in the settings.

Sync is automatic with an account. All you have to do is sign in to your account on any device and your data will be synced. Initially you'll need to move your existing data over to your new account if you haven't already:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Then sign in on any of your other devices to start using the account there. :)

Vaults: I really don't need more than one vault but since starting up Families, I know have about 3 versions of each stored entry despite having deleted local copies. How do I know what is safe to delete? I see a Primary, Personal, and Shared vault. Is Primary and Personal the same vault?

Once you have migrated everything from your Primary vault to your family account, you can remove it from the apps. In 1Password for Mac, do this by switching to the Primary vault and choosing 1Password -> Delete Vault. In 1Password for iOS, tap Settings -> Vaults -> Primary -> Remove Vault.

Is there a way to fill passwords in iOS?

Absolutely! We have a nice guide to get you going:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope this helps! :)

• virtualbartek
    virtualbartek
    Community Member

I had migrated everything when I signed up to families. So I just deleted the primary vault and it turns out 1P had been saving to it cause now I'm missing dozens of entries I had added since switching to families. Many, if not all, the duplicates are still there, so that didn't solve the original problem anyway. This sort of thing is exactly why I asked how to know if it's safe to delete a vault.

I still have the file in dropbox but your app doesn't seem to have a way to merge vaults and delete duplicates. I don't have a computer at the moment as mentioned above.

Also, my 1p app in iOS is showing that it's a trial despite being logged in to the 1p account.

Logging into the account on my wife's android crashes the app so I can't get it to work.

It seems that Families was the worst thing to happen to 1P, ever.

I'd appreciate some help.

Despite being frustrated, I wish you all a happy New year!

Bartek

• @virtualbartek I'm sorry about that. It'd be best to help you out via email so we can get some reports from your device and see what's happening there. I'll reply to the email you sent us and we'll keep the conversation going there. :) Talk to you soon!

ref: RVD-69413-882

This discussion has been closed.