To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

trouble getting started with 1password

jasmine_lamb
jasmine_lamb
Community Member

I've been encountering multiple problems in starting with 1password. Current problem: I started to a new account and couldn't find the Account Key. I emailed AgileBits for support and they suggested I delete my account and start over. I did this. All seemed to go well. I downloaded my Emergency Kit. I have my master password and account key. I just tried to log on to 1password from the downloaded application on my mac and it won't recognize my master password.....?

Is this because I'd created the earlier account (with a different password) that I had then deleted?

Can you help me make this work before I abandon ship? I'm already too many hours into just trying to get to the place where I have an account to work with.

Excuse my frustration. Thanks for helping.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jasmine_lamb! I'm glad to hear Darno helped out via email. Did you previously add your old account to the 1Password app? If so, it will have the Master Password for that account. You can simply start over with the app and sign in to your new account instead:

How to erase your 1Password data and start over

Let us know how that goes. :)

• jasmine_lamb
    jasmine_lamb
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,

I'm still confused. I've deleted the app from my phone and re-downloaded the program to my laptop, but still if I try and log on with my new Master Password I created after also deleting my whole account, it still doesn't work. The link you sent me looks like the same thing I just did that I'd be doing over again. Totally starting from scratch. I don't see why it will work this time if it didn't work this past time. But if you really think it will, I'll try it.

• @jasmine_lamb If that doesn't work, open https://my.1password.com in the browser you used to sign up and try signing in there. If you're not able to, please respond to the email conversation we had going with you so we can help out more.

• jasmine_lamb
    jasmine_lamb
    Community Member

I can sign in through https://my.1password.com in the browser I use. I just can sign in through the downloaded app on my laptop.

• Okay thanks for the update. I've sent you some info to generate a Diagnostics Report so we can figure out what's going on. Once you do that, we'll have a better idea of how to help. :) Thanks!

ref: STC-91778-672

This discussion has been closed.