My vault password works on my Mac, iPad

I just changed the sync preferences back to Dropbox and my vault password works on my Mac and all iOS devices but after installing the update for Windows 7, it sill NOT accept my vault password. It says "vault could not be unlocked with the password you provided."

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not installed
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My vault password works on my Mac, iPad & iPhone but not in Windows 7?

Comments

• Hi @jwhart,

Thanks for writing in.

Could you answer the following questions as I'm not sure yet where the issue is:

1. Did you change the password for the local Dropbox vault recently?
    2. Were you using 1Password 6 on Windows 7 with something else before you changed to the local vault via Dropbox or is this a fresh install on Windows 7?
    3. You said after installing the update for Windows 7, do you mean this was a Windows update that suddenly made 1Password stop accepting your master password?
    4. Make sure to check your shift+cap lock keys, 1Password 6 doesn't yet inform you if they're on.

Please let me know.

• jwhart
    jwhart
    Community Member

Actually, I haven't used the Windows version in a long time. I tried both my former and current vault password and neither would allow me to login. I changed it but it wasn't recently. I installed the Windows update today and it was after doing so that I encountered the login problem. I confirmed that shift+cap lock keys are NOT on.

Thanks

• Hi @jwhart,

Are you planning to use 1Password.com service right now or just your local vault in Dropbox?

If the latter, my suggestion is to uninstall 1Password 6 and install 1Password 4 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

The reason is that 1Password 6 doesn't support local vaults yet, it is limited to 1Password.com services for now. We do plan to add full local vault support in a future update but no timeframe.

• jwhart
    jwhart
    Community Member

Thanks, I just tried that but getting same result. Why can't I start the Windows setup as new and enter the settings?

Thanks

• jwhart
    jwhart
    Community Member

I just did deleted everything under Windows and installed fresh but somehow it's still not accepting my vault password!

• jwhart
    jwhart
    Community Member

It FINALLY accepted my password. Happy New Year and thanks again!

• Hi @jwhart,

Thanks for writing back. I'm glad it is working better now. It sounded like 1Password picked up the previous vault that's not related to your vault in the Dropbox, thus why it won't accept the password.

Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.