Related to Sync Overwrite

Options
myersm22
myersm22
Community Member

I read through the Sync Overwrite Option discussion but still not sure how to fix my situation. I have been syncing to a vault stored on Dropbox for a few years now without any trouble. I'm not sure how it happened, but one of my computers recently stopped syncing. I checked the Sync pane in 1Password Preferences, it shows "Sync Primary Vault to None". The vault that is up to date is the one on Dropbox. From within Preferences > Sync, when I point 1Password to my Dropbox folder it indicates it will create a new vault for syncing. But instead I want 1Password to use the vault that is already there (ie. overwrite the local vault, if that really makes sense). What is the correct way to achieve that?

Related question: can vault files be copied from one location to another? Could I just copy the vault file from my Dropbox folder to the correct location on my computer (e.g. somewhere in Library)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @myersm22

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. If all your most recent data is in Dropbox, I think that the easiest way to get this sorted out is to simply start over and guide 1Password to pick the data from there. This guide will help you get this done. When you open 1Password again you'll be asked where your data is, just point to Dropbox and everything else should go smoothly from there :chuffed:

About your second question, there are some ways to sort that out if it's needed but it's not simple and much easier (and less likely to fail) if you go through 1Password :chuffed:

Please let us knows how this goes for you!

This discussion has been closed.