Windows 10 installation problem

Hi. Trying to install app in Windows 10. Error message: "Could not access network location \ps-fs01\PSStartMenu\Programs\" It appears to be installing into a location that may not exist. I do not see an option for location of installation. Any advice would be appreciated. Happy New Year!

David Melton
Folsom, CA

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @davidmelton,

Thanks for writing in. That's not a path we're using, is your user account stored on a network server, like at work?

Are you installing 1Password 6 or 4?

• davidmelton
    davidmelton
    Community Member

Hi Mike T. I guess I was trying to install version 6.

I'm using a work laptop. We have a MS network environment. I have full admin rights on the laptop and do not have problems installing most software when working offline or remotely.

• Hi @davidmelton,

It uses the Windows environment settings to install to your profile's start menu directory, it is not something that usually have to be specified by users.

Are you running the installer from the local drive?

Can you write to us at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and your forum username, so we can ask you to run some diagnostics for us to see why it is getting the wrong path.

Let us know when you've sent that email, so we can confirm we got it.

• davidmelton
    davidmelton
    Community Member

Thanks Mike T. I was able to install version 4 without problem. Still no luck for version 6. I am installing it from the local drive. I have sent you the email as instructed. Thanks for your help!

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: NRU-44986-961

This discussion has been closed.