Is 1Password supposed to autofill or automatically login?

With LastPass, I had the option to automatically fill my credentials on sites and also the option to automatically login. LastPass also gives you a little icon in the username/password box to query the vault and input manually.

With 1Password I get none of this. I don't see the options to autofill or autologin and there is no icon to manually populate. I have to go up to the extension icon itself and select the site to populate each time.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Is 1Password supposed to autofill or automatically login?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @dustyhansen,

1Password is a bit different in this regard. We don't automatically fill a page as soon as it has loaded for security reasons and instead we only do so based on user instructions. This can be via interacting with the 1Password mini menu or if you want the currently open page to be filled by way of the keyboard shortcut ⌘\. We also have open and fill where if you click on a website field in a Login item the URL is passed to the default browser and then once that page has loaded we attempt to fill and this is as automated as 1Password gets. We have a page, Use the browser extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC that talks about how the filling side works.

It is different to what you've seen in other managers but we hope you find the filling works.

• dustyhansen
    dustyhansen
    Community Member

Thanks for the response.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

If we can help any further in your acclimatisation to 1Password please do let us know @dustyhansen :smile:

This discussion has been closed.