1Password browser window management

skippingrock
skippingrock
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to iOS 9 and the iOS 9 1 Password browser.

Every time when I use the internal browser and want to open a new window, I get lost and always forget that there is a little + button in the lower right corner.

It is barely noticeable and I always think that this button is missing.

And if you have a keyboard on the iPad displayed, like right now, and tap on the window management button, the keyboard remains and the little + is completely obscured. See the screenshot.

Please move this button to the top of the screen and make it larger and more noticeable.

Thanks as this gets frustrating.
skipR

1Password Version: iOS 6.4.2 iPad
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @skippingrock,

Thanks for your report, that is definitely not the experience we want there.

I have filed this as OPI-3585 to have someone look at fixing it.

Rudy

ref: OPI-3585

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

thank-you @rudy

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@skippingrock on behalf of @rudy you are very welcome! :)

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Thanks.
    What I'd really like to see is what is currently employed within Safari on the Mac. An empty page box with the +. It is more intuitive and illustrates what would be done when tapped.

-skippR

• Hey @skippingrock. You're absolutely right, that's a great way to implement this feature. I will be sure to update our internal bug report on this one.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

thx for putting this into the queue.

• No trouble at all, thanks for reaching out!

• linetrace
    linetrace
    Community Member

I run into this frequently as well, both when the on-screen keyboard is open and when using an external bluetooth or USB keyboard (using Lighting to USB 3 adapter). Not only is the '+' tab button obscured in both cases (requiring collapsing the keyboard controls), but also the browser (globe) button itself. When an external wireless/wired keyboard is connected, some keyboard controls may be shown at the bottom of the screen, covering them up, and like the on-screen keyboard, they can be collapsed, but it means you easily forget they're there and have to do an extra tap or two to access them each time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know this is affecting you. Hopefully we can come up with a solution that will work better on multiple screen sizes/orientations.

This discussion has been closed.