Signed up for the free trial on Mac. Is single user, meant to get Family plan. How do I correct this

mallorca106
mallorca106
Community Member

Hi. I signed up for the free trial on my Mac a few minutes ago. Have begun the setup process and realized it's the single user trial, I need the Family trial. Is there a way to correct this? We will be purchasing after the trial.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:signed up for free trial on mac but needed the family trial, how do i correct this?

Comments

• Hello mallorca106 - Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you can convert the account over. I just sent you an email so we can discuss this private. I hope that is ok with you.

ref: ZPR-76148-655

• mallorca106
    mallorca106
    Community Member

Would it be best to just delete the account I started and redo the whole thing under Family trial?

Also, I downloaded the Safari extension to have the 1PW button in my tool bar, it loaded yet when I click on it it says that Safari cannot find it so it will not direct to 1Password. I uninstalled it and tried again. Doing same thing. How do I fix this?

• Hi @mallorca106 I just sent the email over so let's continue the conversation over there. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

• mallorca106
    mallorca106
    Community Member

Excellent thank you! Heading to email now (yes got the email(

• Perfect!!! I look forward to your response :-)

• todd_myers
    todd_myers
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

I Have the same issue, can you assist

• Hi todd_myers - I just send you over an email so we can continue our discussion. I will be more than happy to help out. Just reply back to me when you're ready then we can work on this together :-) Talk to you soon.

ref: NYQ-93764-922

• Jazzloonz
    Jazzloonz
    Community Member

I have also created an account that wasn't for family but I need family. Also I used the 6 # code from my windows registration to start my ios trial. I think. It now says that I can't use it for Windows. Yeesh. Im not techy, obviously. Please help me. I still need to get the app for another phone and a Kindle. Thanks

• Hi @Jazzloonz,

Can you tell me where it's telling you that you can't use something for Windows? The 6 digit code I think you're referring to was just to confirm your email address, and shouldn't be related to any windows registrations.

You should be able to login to https://my.1password.com with your email address, your account key (available to you on iOS in Settings > Accounts > Your Account), and Master Password. From there you should be able to use the menu in the top right corner of the website that has your name and choose "Invite People..." which will ask you to convert the account to a Family account.

To add the 1Password.com account to a new device, you'll probably want to read these instructions:
    https://support.1password.com/add-device/

We have an app for Windows that you've mentioned, but there is no 1Password app for Kindle.

I hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.