my 1password app is crashing on my iPhone as soon as I put in the master password

Acousticson
Acousticson
Community Member

everytime I launch the iPhone app and put in my master password it freezes and then quits

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.2
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:my 1password app is crashing on my iPhone as soon as I put in the master password

Comments

• Hi @Acousticson,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password crashing! It appears you are using 1Password 3 for iOS, which was retired in 2012, and has not been updated since that time. It is not compatible with more modern versions of iOS. In order to continue to use 1Password on newer versions of iOS you'd need to upgrade to 1Password 6 for iOS:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Acousticson
    Acousticson
    Community Member

hello - the instructions are for older iOS than I am running. I'm on 10.2
    are there instructions for upgrading using 10.2?
    Thank you

• Ah, my apologies. Yes that is correct, the instructions have changed with iOS 10.2. Please shoot us an email to support+ios3@agilebits.com and include:

1) A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/73780/
    2) Your forum username: Acousticson

Our upgrade gurus will be able to help you from there. :)

When you send the email you should get an (almost immediate) response back from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post that Support ID here so we can "connect the dots."

Thanks!

Ben

• col350
    col350
    Community Member

I have had my 1Password for many years not and it just crapped out. My master password no longer works. I have a threat alluding to an upgrade, and I have downloaded the upgrade. I have also lost my notes that were setup with a Master password. This is has turned out to be very frustrating and I am looking for move away from 1password and will not recommend it again, if I cannot get this issue resolved quickly. There is a reason I used this app in the first place - so that I can store my passwords, now I have lost my most important passwords/information and I KNOW I DIDN'T DELETE THEM. No error here on my path.... Please help asap!

• Hi @col350,

It sounds as though you may have been using 1Password 3 for iOS, which was discontinued in 2012. Please follow the instructions above (replacing their forum username Acousticson with yours col350).

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.