To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Changed master password, verified was working but now cannot access account

h4ns3n
h4ns3n
Community Member

I have a new subscription, started on 26 December. I migrated all my passwords to the new account from a 1password standalone apple mac app which was bought by my business and the app was shared between myself and an ex-business colleague also running apple mac.

I migrated all my passwords successfully and was accessing my new account perfectly, but I decided my master password was too long so I changed it to a slightly shorter password. After the change, it was working fine, I used it the entire day on Jan 1 and Jan 2. Then yesterday evening I suddenly cannot log into my 1password account anymore. It's as if someone has changed the password, or my account has somehow been locked, maybe by 1password.

I have since sent 2 support emails and a DM on twitter for assistance but I have no response yet.

I know the password is not stored and it's not possible to recover if it has been changed but I'm treating this as a hack. I know the master password I am trying is correct because I have that password stored. I've done this many times in the past.

Is it possible to rollback to the previous password? Can you tell me if the password has been changed more than once since it was registered? Is it possible to send me a login history of IP addresses that have logged in since Jan 1?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello h4ns3n - I just sent you over an email so we can work on the issue together. Sorry for the delay and reply back to my email when you get a chance. Talk to you soon!

ref: YFE-91699-389

This discussion has been closed.