Refund for standalone license (just purchased Families subscription instead)

lauracrose
lauracrose
Community Member

Hi,

May I please have refund of the $64.99 license fee - I originally purchased the standalone license (I believe it was on July 25th) but I decided I needed the Families version on July 27th. I have put in a credit card for the Families (annual) fee.

Thank you,
Laura

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:May I please have a refund of the $64.99 license fee - I originally signed up for the standalone ver

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Not a problem at all, @lauracrose. I've refunded your standalone license. You should see the funds back in your account in a few days. :)

Have a great weekend!

• virtualbartek
    virtualbartek
    Community Member

Wow, if you guys refunded my standalone purchase for mac then you'd have me on families for life. On on families for a year as part of a software bundle for now.

• @virtualbartek We'd be happy to do that if you're purchased in the past 30 days. Subscription accounts were just introduced this year, and they're an extension of the licenses we used to sell before. They include what you'd expect from a standalone license, as well as:

• All the 1Password apps. No matter which plan you choose, access to the latest versions of all the 1Password apps is included. Install 1Password on your devices and sign in to start using them.
    • Sync without the need of a third-party sync service. With a 1Password account, simply sign in and your passwords and other items will be available automatically. When you change them, you’ll see your changes on all the device you are signed in to.
    • Restore deleted or changed items. If a change was made to an item and it needs to be reverted, fret not. It can easily be rolled back from 1Password.com.
    • View, edit, and add items from a browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you're away from the devices you typically use.
    • Brand new multi-factor security model for your hosted account. We took some extra steps to make sure the security is even better than what the standalone version of 1Password has. An Account Key is generated during setup to strengthen your Master Password, and we don't store either of those. Learn more about how 1Password protects your data in the cloud.
    • Access your data even if you stop paying. Your data is yours. Even if you ever cancel your subscription, you can always view and export your data.

If you purchased recently, send us an email at support@1password.com and we'd be happy to help you out. :) If not, you can start using a subscription and get a free 30-day trial at https://start.1password.com/signup. Move your existing data over to sync it with your devices as well. :)

• jndhef
    jndhef
    Community Member

I have a standalone account, purchased about 6 months ago. Now I need to give access to more than one user (spouse and myself). We use different icloud accounts. What is the best course of action? Can we "share" somehow or do I need to upgrade to a family subscription? If I upgrade can I get some kind of "pro-rate" for the purchase I made?

• Hi jndhef - Thank you for reaching out to us. Great question! I just sent you over an email so we can continue the conversation. When you get a chance, reply back and I'll be happy to help out :-) Have a fantastic day, talk you soon!

ref: TMI-69321-579

This discussion has been closed.