New logins not getting processed for IE 11

ricoshay1
ricoshay1
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm using 1PW 4.6.1.617 with Win 7 Enterprise SP1 (64 bit) and IE 11, and when I go to a website and enter a login and pwd that is new to 1PW, I do not get prompted by 1PW whether to save it or not. The same thing with FireFox 50.1.0 generates a prompt to save or not.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: IE
OS Version: Win 7 Enterprise SP1 (64 bit)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @ricoshay1,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you first check to see if auto-save has been disabled. To check, click on the 1Password icon in Firefox (or IE) and go to Settings, is there a checkmark next to Auto-save Login? If not, select it and try again, see if it works.

Also, does filing existing Login items work? If filling doesn't work either, the issue might be something else instead.

• ricoshay1
    ricoshay1
    Community Member

MikeT,

Auto-save Login is enabled. Auto-submit Logins is also enabled. The top of that pull-down list is 'Save New Login...' but it does not enable.

Filing existing logins does work in both Firefox and IE, but it is much slower for IE

• Hi @ricoshay1,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Filing existing logins does work in both Firefox and IE, but it is much slower for IE

To improve this a bit, click on the 1Password icon in IE to select Settings > Open Login In > Current Tab.

• ricoshay1
    ricoshay1
    Community Member

E-mail with Diagnostic Report sent 1/1/2017, 11:30 am EST

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@ricoshay1: Found it! :)

We'll take a close look at your report and get back to you as soon as possible via email. Thank you!

ref: YRA-65653-116

• ricoshay1
    ricoshay1
    Community Member

In the meantime, I decided to uninstall and re-install 1PW and re-installed extensions for Firefox and Chrome. Now new logins are processed in IE and Chrome, but not FireFox! Previously it was IE that was not working.

I am now concerned whether 1PW is reliable enough to entrust as my password manager. Please follow-up with me asap.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@ricoshay1: That is indeed an unusual behaviour.

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve been experiencing a surge in support requests recently and our small support team is doing their best to catch up. We will reply to your email shortly. I hope for your understanding.

Thank you!

Greg

• ricoshay1
    ricoshay1
    Community Member

New passwords are getting processed now for IE, FireFox and Chrome. Not aware of any changes since the Jan 2 un-install and re-install, other than I am at work today and was working from home on the 2nd.

• Hi @ricoshay1,

I'm glad to hear that. You didn't mention you were working from home, can you clarify the setup; were you using a VPN client to access work or using a remote session program to access your work desktop? Both can certainly change how 1Password behaves.

This discussion has been closed.