Moving from the new Personal Account to a Family account

Options
Zeck
Zeck
Community Member

I just set up one of the new Personal Accounts and have moved my data to it. This will meet my needs for the moment, but I was wondering what's involved, if I decide to, in moving from the Personal to the Family account? What steps would I follow? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Zeck,

When you select the option to invite more people to your account you'll be presented with the option of changing to a 1Password Families account. The process is mostly automated, but you'll need to choose a domain name that you and your family will use to login. Individual accounts all use my.1password.com as the domain name. Family accounts each have their own unique domain e.x. zeck-family.1password.com.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Zeck
    Zeck
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

I appreciate the clear information and thanks for the prompt reply. It will be almost too easy.

Van

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zeck,

“almost too easy” is exactly how we like it!

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help. :)

• rochelle_lo
    rochelle_lo
    Community Member
    Options

@Zeck I have a personal account that I'd like to upgrade as well, but I cannot find the option to invite more people. My subscription is through the apple store -- could that be the reason?

• @rochelle_lo That is indeed the reason. With a subscription in the App Store, you can only upgrade once your current subscription has been canceled and ends. You'll need to cancel your subscription then wait until that expires. Once the account freezes, open https://my.1password.com in your browser and subscribe to the family plan there. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.