To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I do not see the folder on my sidebar. What do I do to create a folder?

Options
dottywatson
dottywatson
Community Member

I want to create a folder. I read how to do it, but I do not see "folders" on my sidebar. So I don't know how to make it appear so that I can create folders.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I do not see the folder on my sidebar. What do I do to create a folder?

Comments

• Hi Dotty,

1Password.com accounts do not support Folders. However, you can create Tags, which work in much the same way.

Though Tags are not hierarchical, they do allow items to be organized into multiple tags at once, which can be really helpful.

• dottywatson
    dottywatson
    Community Member
    Options

So what type of accounts do support folders? I thought I was getting access to the full account. How do I access the tags?

• @dottywatson 1Password.com accounts only support tags. Folders were supported in an older, standalone version of 1Password. I would be happy to help you create some tags, but it depends on what kind of device you're using. Here's are two of our guides:

Organize with favorites and tags in 1Password for Mac

Organize with favorites and tags in 1Password for iOS

Hope that helps! :) If you need help with tags on another platform just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.