How does 1Password for iOS (pro version) work with 1Password Web?

Options
MrT0
MrT0
Community Member
edited December 2016 in iOS

Hi,

I've been looking for a good password manager, and I've narrowed it down to 1Password and LastPass. I really want to go with 1Password due to local storage, but I have a few questions before I fully commit to 1Password.

I recently bought the pro version of 1Password on iOS. I registered for a 1Password account and have linked both my account and the iOS version of 1Password. I've noticed that the web feature is only available with a subscription. While I don't plan on purchasing a subscription or stand-alone license for 1Password (maybe in the near future I will), will I be able to use the iOS version of 1Password and have it sync to my account?

What I'm confused about is how 1Password Pro on iOS works with 1Password Web (without any subscription/stand-alone license). I'm currently on my 30-day free trial, but I'm wondering what would happen after my 30-day free trial ends? Let's say my trial ends and I have a list of passwords on the iOS version. Do those accounts sync to my 1Password account still? I know I won't have access to the web feature, but would my passwords be connected to my 1Password account still? If I lose my phone, am I able to get a new phone, download 1Password, sign-in to my 1Password account, and have all my passwords be there?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MrTO,

Accounts are exclusive to 1Password.com subscriptions. You'll only have an account if you have a subscription. An account is required in order to login to the 1Password.com web interface.

If you trial an account, and then do not subscribe, 1Password will freeze:

If your 1Password account is frozen

I hope that clears things up.

Thanks!

ben

• MrT0
    MrT0
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thanks for replying. I just want to be able to use the pro version of 1Password on my iOS device and yet at the same time be able to recover it in case of emergencies. Would the best possible choice be to unlink my 1Password.com account from 1Password iOS and use Dropbox to make a backup copy of my vault? I'm just trying to create an "in case of emergency" plan.

If I were to lose my phone and get a new phone, would I be able to import the vault I backed up in Dropbox to my new phone? Will all of my accounts/passwords be there?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MrT0,

Syncing to Dropbox is probably a good idea, but isn't necessarily a "backup." We do offer the ability to make backups of standalone vaults as well:

1Password backups

Wouldn't hurt to both sync with Dropbox and make periodic backups.

If I were to lose my phone and get a new phone, would I be able to import the vault I backed up in Dropbox to my new phone? Will all of my accounts/passwords be there?

Yes, as long as it has been syncing right along.

Ben

• MrT0
    MrT0
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thank you very much for your help. That's exactly what I was looking for.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.