Encriptionkey.js is missing in both iphone and Android

Cristiano
Cristiano
Community Member

Hi, I have 1 password in iphone and android, and realized that both are now reporting that they are not syncing - it says that the file encriptionkeys.js can not be found. Can you tell me what happened and how to solve that?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:encriptionkey.js

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Cristiano: While we won't have any insight into what might have re/moved that file from Dropbox, if you login to Dropbox.com and navigate to the folder, and click the trash can icon at the top to show deleted files. You can then right-click to Restore...but you may want to select "View other versions" first to see when and where it was deleted. That's the thing I'd be interested in.

• Cristiano
    Cristiano
    Community Member

txs @brenty, but I can not find there the file. Any other suggestion to solve this?

• Hi @Cristiano. Let's try recreating the missing file using your iPhone. Launch 1Password on your iPhone and tap Settings > Security > Change Master Password. Enter your current Master Password into the current, new, and verify fields. This way, you go through the process of changing your Master Password, without having to change it to something different, and the process recreates the encryptionKeys.js file in your vault.

Then allow a moment for the change to sync and go back to 1Password on Android. Are you able to sync there now?

This discussion has been closed.