Android 1Password Accounts Sync seems to time out

db_1p_login
db_1p_login
Community Member

Hi,

I recently switched to 1Password Families and have set up my account on a number of devices, Windows, Mac, iOS. However, on my android devices, there always seems to be a delay, or time out of some sort, when syncing. It happened when first setting up the account and continues to happen on every sync. The delay is usually on the order of minutes.

Whenever the app is syncing, there's a notification posted titled, "Syncing 1Password Accounts..." with the text, "Sending: [AUTH]". This notification remains for the entire time that the sync is occurring (or timing out). Eventually, (usually long after the display has turned itself off, requiring me to re-enter my master password), the notification is updated to indicate that the sync has completed.

I've only encountered this issue with the Android client. I'm able to work around it using the web client, but would prefer to use the Android client, if possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@db_1p_login: Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry for the trouble you're having there! I agree: you shouldn't have to use the web client when you have a perfectly good smartphone in hand (har har)!

I'm glad to hear that you're not having any trouble on your Macs or iOS devices, but it sounds like you're having this same delayed/failed sync issue on multiple Android devices. Is that correct? Typically when there's an issue like this, it's a problem with the security chain on the device...but that would cause it to fail consistently, just just delay it.

Regardless, you absolutely shouldn't have to put up with that, If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your devices, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report for each so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Post the Support ID you receive here so we can take a look. Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• db_1p_login
    db_1p_login
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for the reply. After some more troubleshooting, it looks like my issue was caused by network misconfiguration on my end. Everything is working now. Thanks, again!

• I'm very glad to hear that @db_1p_login! If you need anything else in the future, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.