To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can login to the app, but not the website

Options
pxlgk
pxlgk
Community Member

I'm able to login to the mac app and chrome extension but I'm not able to login to the 1password.com website or sign in to the android app. I'm using the same master password across each platform. Why doesn't this work?

1Password 6
Version 6.5.3 (653000)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @pxlgk,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the confusion. Let me try to explain everything. :)

The sign into an account option on 1Password.com is strictly for users that have signed up for the new subscription plan. It seems that you are using a local vault on your Mac, not 1Password account. If you want to sync your 1Password data between your Mac and Android phone, you should use Dropbox sync:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

However, I would recommend you to take a look at 1Password account, as it is much more convenient to use than a local vault. In this case your encrypted vault will be stored on our servers and sync will happen automatically.

The cost of Individual account is $2.99 per month if paid annually and it includes all 1Password apps for all platforms (+ web-interface). All future upgrades are also included in your subscription. There are no licenses to keep track of — you simply download the apps from 1Password.com and sign in to your account.

Please let me know if it helps. :) If you have other questions about 1Password account, I will be happy to answer all of them. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• pxlgk
    pxlgk
    Community Member
    Options

many thanks for the clarification! :)

• You're welcome. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

• JSFromage
    JSFromage
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I have the same issue, but I do have an individual account. I can log into the App on all my devices, but cannot log into my account from any of the devices. And I have a Personal and Primary vault on MBPro; just Primary on MBAir; and, just Personal on iPhone. But every time I try to login to my account, it doesn't work. I changed the master password at the website last Friday, given the "cloud" breach. Ever since that time I haven't been able to log back into the account. Don't get it... Help.

• JSCheez
    JSCheez
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I have the same issue, but I do have an individual account. I can log into the App on all my devices, but cannot log into my account from any of the devices. And I have a Personal and Primary vault on MBPro; just Primary on MBAir; and, just Personal on iPhone. But every time I try to login to my account, it doesn't work. I changed the master password at the website last Friday, given the "cloud" breach. Ever since that time I haven't been able to log back into the account. Don't get it... Seems like account and apps on devices are not communicating. Help.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.1 (661010)
    Extension Version: Most recent
    OS Version: macOS Sierra V10.12.3
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:Hello. I have the same issue, but I do have an individual account. I can log into the App on all my devices, but cannot log into my account from any of the devices. And I have a Personal and Primary vault on MBPro; just Primary on MBAir; and, just Personal on iPhone. But every time I try to login to my account, it doesn't work. I changed the master password at the website last Friday, given the "cloud" breach. Ever since that time I haven't been able to log back into the account. Don't get it... Help.

• Frank
    Options

Hi JSFromage - Sorry for the troubles. Since this is a public forum, let's move the conversation over to email so I can better assist you. I just sent over an email so at your convenience, reply back to me there and we can work on this together. Talk to you soon.

ref: HHZ-73657-975

• Frank
    Options

Hi JSCheez - Sorry for the troubles. Since this is a public forum, let's move the conversation over to email so I can better assist you. I just sent over an email so at your convenience, reply back to me there and we can work on this together. Talk to you soon.

ref: WBP-96735-771

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Were those last two queries from one person or two? Curious minds want to know.

They both start with JS, and the rest is Fromage, which is French for Cheese.

• Frank
    Options

You might be onto something @danco :+1: :lol:

This discussion has been closed.