Multiple vaults in Version 6?

Options
PaulieX
PaulieX
Community Member

I bought a multi account license for version 5, and one of the reasons I did so was support for multiple vaults. Am I imagining things, or did version 6 remove the option to open additional vaults without a Family subscription? I can't seem to find it anymore. For existing installations, I can still see multiple vaults, but I had to reinstall 1password on a new machine, and the option does not seem to be anywhere.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PaulieX,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with multiple vaults! Don't worry, we haven't removed that ability from version 6, so you can still use multiple vaults the way you did in version 5.

If you're using local vaults (i.e. you have a license instead of an account), each vault has its own sync settings. On a new Mac, when you open 1Password for the first time, it will take you through a brief setup procedure where you can sync the first vault. Have you done that? If so, you should have a Primary vault, and now you can add your other vaults. If you sync each vault via Dropbox, simply navigate to the Dropbox folder on your new Mac, find a sync file for one of your other vaults (.agilekeychain or .opvault), and double-click on it. This will open the 1Password app and prompt you to create a new vault from that sync file (if 1Password was locked, you'll need to enter the master password for your Primary vault first).

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

• narathc
    narathc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Paulie and Drew,

I'm having this same issue. I used to have a license account, but switched to Family. I just installed using my family account. I have some work related vaults that are synced via google drive. I have these .agilekeychain files locally synced, but when I click on them it brings 1password to the front, but it does not do anything (or prompt to add to the vaults). I am using:

1Password 6
    Version 6.6.BETA-2 (660002)
    AgileBits Beta

Best,
    Narath

• rudy
    Options

Hi @narathc,

In order to use those agilekeychain files you'll want to turn on "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" on the Advanced tab in the Preferences window. After you do that you should be able to double click them and have 1Password prompt to add the vaults.

Rudy

• narathc
    narathc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy. Totally worked!

• rudy
    Options

@narathc,

:) :+1:

Let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.