I am totally lost!

theeniesmith
theeniesmith
Community Member

I had a trial version of 1Password. It was syncing fine on my computer (windows 7) and my phone (android). I paid for the software this morning and now nothing is working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled until my eyes are crossed. I need help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i organize by folder

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@theeniesmith: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! While I can't imagine how making a purchase would make the app stop working, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what exactly did you purchase, and from where? We'll get to the bottom of this. Thanks in advance! :)

• theeniesmith
    theeniesmith
    Community Member

I will start trying to get it working on my computer. I guess I actually downloaded a new version also. I was on 1password 4 and now the icon says 1password 6. I was able to get the info from Dropbox to sync but nothing is organized in folders. I just have a list. I need my folders because I keep it organized by client. For example I have a quickbooks file on my computer for each client. I used to be able to go to a folder for that client and there was an item for their qb with username and password. Now when I look, there is an alphabetical list with quickbooks listed many times. I have no clue which client it is without opening each one until I find the right one. I need my folders back.

Problem 2 when I open 1password in chrome, it looks the same but I can't see any generic accounts that may be set up for any of my clients. I set up all qb info as generic accounts.

I do still have 1password 4 on my computer and my info all seems to be there. I am afraid to remove it. I can't afford to lose the info, I don't have it anywhere else.

Theenie

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@theeniesmith: Unless you're using the 1Password.com subscription service, definitely stick with 1Password 4 for now. 1Password 6 is brand new app that does not support local vaults or folders yet. 1Password 4 will work just fine with your mobile devices as well. Be sure to let me know if you're having any issues with those!

• theeniesmith
    theeniesmith
    Community Member

Okay....I have uninstalled 6 from my computer. Now how do I get 4 back on my phone? S7 Edge I got a new phone a couple of weeks ago and I had not set it back up on my new phone.

• @theeniesmith You'll want to keep 1Password 6 on your Android device. Unlike 1Password 6 for Windows, 1Password 6 for Android currently has both local vault and 1Password accounts support.

Just install 1Password 6 from the Play Store. Then launch it and select USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT. You'll see the sync options on the next screen, and just need to follow the in-app prompts to sync with your existing vault. Let me know how that goes!

• theeniesmith
    theeniesmith
    Community Member

Thanks.....I have it on my phone and can see the folders. Now to get it on 3 other computers.......

• Glad to hear that! If you need help with your other computers, just let us know. We'll be here!

This discussion has been closed.