1password for Iphone vs. MAC

Blueboy
Blueboy
Community Member
I recently purchase 1password for the iPhone assuming it worked the same way as it does on the MAC---What a surprise. I was under the impression that the application was the same so when you visit a site it automatically saves the information for the next time. It seems that the only way for it to work on the iPhone is to designate all your sites in the login section of 1password, then enter these sites using this options instead of using the downloaded app icon located on the desktop. I am VERY disappointed that they don't work the same. I think this is more of a hassle than anything else- having to sit down and log in ALL my information instead of it pulling the data automatically!!! I mean who enters sites by typing in the web browser? Most people i know use the app located on the desktop- Is there any work around? am i missing something? how can i get my credit back for a purchase that i am not satisfied with? Using downloaded apps on my desktop is the most convenient way to access my websites, which is why i buy them in the first place...hope someone can support. Thanks in advance. BB

Comments

• Hello Blueboy and welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry that your initial experience with our iOS app has been frustrating. Limitations placed on third-party applications by Apple's iOS software make the differences in functionality between the desktop and mobile apps mandatory. However, there are workarounds that you can use to avoid typing or copying/pasting your saved Login data.

Please refer to the following help guide for details on using 1Password's internal browser: How to Login to Websites using 1Password on iOS devices.

In addition, Bookmarklets may be of interest to you: Safari Logins Bookmarklet

Please read the guides and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Brandt
  • Blueboy
    Blueboy
    Community Member
    bswins wrote:

Hello Blueboy and welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry that your initial experience with our iOS app has been frustrating. Limitations placed on third-party applications by Apple's iOS software make the differences in functionality between the desktop and mobile apps mandatory. However, there are workarounds that you can use to avoid typing or copying/pasting your saved Login data.

Please refer to the following help guide for details on using 1Password's internal browser: How to Login to Websites using 1Password on iOS devices.

In addition, Bookmarklets may be of interest to you: Safari Logins Bookmarklet

Please read the guides and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Brandt

Brandt,

Thanks for your input but the link does not provide a "dumb down" version for this to make sense to someone like myself. I did what the instructions indicated, First i went to my iPhone and selected a link saved on my favorites (verizon wireless) from my book mark page. Next i then entered in my username and password (according to the instructions i would need to input my master password if requested- but it did not- then it says to "tap the arrow" next to the URL. The only arrow i see is the circular refresh arrow. Once i select this, it then refreshed the page requesting my user name and password again. obviously i am doing something wrong but i don't know what it is- and i need more detail instructions. I was expecting the same functionality the way it interfaces on the MAC so needless to say, I am not happy. Once i hear back from you on how to make this work i will reevaluate my decision on this purchase. You should indicate on your apps that the interface does not work the same on iPhone if you currently use 1password on a MAC or add a tube visual effect demo on your site to indicate how 1password works on the iPhone vs. the MAC. This will give your users clear indication on the difference before they make a purchase. I await your response- thanks in advance
  • Blueboy
    Blueboy
    Community Member
    Brandt- After my last post, i went back to your website again to review the instructions. It appears that the instructions is for entering the login information at the login page in 1password- thus completely eliminating using the icon on the desktop-As i indicated before, the MAC version is more user-friendly since it saves your input when you visit the site and uses it the next time by selecting the 1P icon. I appreciate your assistance on this but this will not work for me- the only way this will work is to enter ALL my favorites information in the log in section of 1password---doing it this way makes no sense to buy apps since it does not interface when attempting to log in through the app icon sitting on the iPhone desktop- can you walk me through how i can obtain credit for this product? this is clearly not as user-friendly as the MAC version, i guess you spoiled me with the mac version which is clearly superior to anything in the marketplace. Thanks for your assistance in issuing me a credit.
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Blueboy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with your purchase of the 1Password mobile app! We certainly don't want any of our customers to be unhappy. Unfortunately, since the App Store is managed by Apple, we're not able to refund your money ourselves. You will need to contact the iTunes Support team for help with this:

http://www.apple.com...e%20App%20Store

If you are unable to click that link, please try this shortened version:
    http://agilebits.com/s/1e8be66f3

I hope that you are able to get the matter resolved quickly by Apple and to your satisfaction.

Obviously just refunding your iTunes order would be the easiest and I would prefer to do that but since I cannot, I hope one of the options above will be a valuable gift for you.

Thank you for sending me the personal message directing me to your replies. I appreciate you alerting me.

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.