Android App: How to show the Master Password as I enter it?

Jassword
Jassword
Community Member

In the Android App, is there any way to show the Master Password when I enter it? I have a 64 byte password, which I can easily remember, but which I can easily fumble the typing of. I must be able to see the master password to easily correct stupid typos.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.1.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• We do not support displaying of the Master Password on 1Password’s lock screen. I can understand the benefits of having this feature for long Master Passwords like yours, and I will bring this up with the team.

In the meantime, you may find Fingerprint Unlock (if your device supports it) and PIN Unlock options in Settings appealing to reduce the number of times you need to enter your Master Password. Let me know if you have any questions about them!

• Jassword
    Jassword
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

The problem is bad enough for me the very first time I proceed to unlock the 1Password Android app. That's where I need to see it. Sometimes you are in an urgent mood or whatever and it's just difficult and frustrating to type properly. I do not have a fingerprint sensor and I have big fingers. But after the initial login, the PIN is helpful when switching between apps, better than turning off automatic lock on exit, but why restrict the PIN to numbers only? I'd rather just enter a shorter password with the same full range of possible characters like the master password.

• Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass your request for alternate unlock methods to the team!

This discussion has been closed.