How to transfer one password to new computer

I have one password on my old computer and would like to tranfer to a new one don't know how to do that?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.b1
OS Version: OSX YOSEMITY 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: purchased a new macbook computer and had one password on my old macbook how do i transfer password

Comments

• lkjellison
    lkjellison
    Community Member

I'm having this same issue. I have installed 1Password on my work computer. When I open it, the option given is to restore 1`Password vault from backup. I don't have a vault on this computer. How do I install it so I can use it? Please help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lkjellison, @woodworker: Thanks for reaching out! Without more information it's impossible for me to say what might be the best solution in your case, but you can find a number of options in this guide:

How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

For example, neither of you mentioned which sync method you've been using, but that is often the easiest way to get your data onto a new device. You may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

Anyway, be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• woodworker
    woodworker
    Community Member

Where do I find authorize a device on one password I have the old version.
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@woodworker: If you're using an old version of 1Password, you probably aren't using the 1Password.com service, in which case there is no authorization. But you can setup sync on your old device and then sync the data to the new one. But without any information about your setup I can't be more speific than that I'm afraid. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.