Delete Family Account

Options
f_lang
f_lang
Community Member

Hi.

I would like to delete my entire 1Password Families account/vault. I looked in the Admin Console but cannot find an option to do so.

I really like the app and was about to put my credit card in to subscribe and finish my free trial when I noticed your prices are in US dollars. While I understand that most of your customers in the US and most of your expenses are likely in USD as well, I'm having trouble stomaching paying a price to a Canadian company, as a Canadian, which will vary for me based on the value of the Canadian/UD dollars in the stock markets. My concern is if the dollar tanks and suddenly I'm paying 15% more or something than I was paying last month or last year to access my own data.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @f_lang,

Thanks for trying 1Password! I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel your account.

We have looked at the possibility of allowing folks to pay for multiple years at a time, but I can't say when (or even if) that would be available. And all that would do would be lock in the price for those years. If you're that concerned about currency fluctuations, even that may not help. But I'll certainly pass your feedback along to the team.

To delete your account:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your account name in the top right and choose Family Settings.
    3. Click Delete Family Account, and follow the on-screen instructions.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

• jjewell
    jjewell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot! Now how do I remove the Personal vaults from the family accounts so I can go back to using the Primary vault on my account that I was using on 1P? On one account I am still using 1P 6. On another 1Password, I have my family member set-up with a single 1Password subscription account. These family accounts now show up in the application and in the Safari extensions. I'd like to remove them from both places. There must be a way to do it.

• Hi @jjewell - Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, there is a way to remove the account from your Mac. Make sure you migrated all your data back to the Primary vault before deleting anything. To remove the account follow the steps below -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the Account Tab > You should see your account in the list, select it > Once selected, you should see a "Sign Out" button to remove the account from your Mac.

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day!

• Raptor007
    Raptor007
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to see an option for a multi-year account it would make it easier for me especially as I consider moving my family from our stand alone 1Passwords on mac/windows machines to the cloud offering.

This discussion has been closed.